Senior Full-stack Developer (Node.js & React)
Who we are?
How we work?
Most of our projects involve several people working directly with clients. In our daily work, we use Agile methodologies with well-known tools like Slack, Jira, Git, etc.
Our developers work as full-stacks in modern technologies of our (and their) choice. Good development practices, like code review, are essential, and we use them in everyday work. We are pragmatic, so each decision can be changed based on good argumentation. We don’t dictate, we collaborate.
We love spending time together in our office in Katowice, but we also allow remote work when necessary. Our preferred working model is a hybrid one: 2-3 days from office and 2-3 days from home.
We have a great time together while working on the projects, but also during our daily breakfasts (at the office or virtually via Google Meet – totally optional, but why drink that coffee or yerba alone?) and when going out for a beer (or five) every once in a while. Once a year, we go together for a 3-day trip, where we, you know… make memories :).
The team is 100% Polish at the moment, but most of our clients are from abroad, so we communicate in English with them.
Who you (ideally) are?
In this position, you need to have a very good understanding of general software development. As a team, we want to work with people who are passionate and willing to constantly extend their skills and knowledge. An open mind and pragmatic approach are also important. You will be responsible for not only developing high quality software, but also guiding and mentoring less experienced colleagues.
YOU NEED TO:
- have at least 6 years of experience in software development;
- have relevant practice in React and Node.js (let us know if you feel stronger in one than the other – that’s alright too!);
- have an understanding of DevOps;
- know good software development practices and know when to resign from following them;
- be able to communicate in spoken and written English on at least B2 level;
- take responsibility for and ownership of your work;
- strive to continuously improve your technical and non-technical skills;
- be open to helping others become better at software development;
- be a great person to work with :).
IT’S ADDITIONALLY AWESOME IF YOU:
- know how to work in Scrum;
- have higher technical education;
- focus heavily on quality (important in healthcare);
- know TypeScript and Python;
- like sharing your knowledge in blog posts, podcasts, and/or as a speaker (at internal workshops or representing Revolve at meetups and conferences).;
What you get?
You will be teaming up with open-minded, empathetic people who are great to work with and want to learn from each other.
As you will be joining a 30-people (we plan to slowly grow to 100 over the next 5 years) IT company in its early stages. Your presence in Revolve can have a significant impact on its development and future shape.
We also offer modern working conditions (flexible work hours, benefits, and all that). And we seriously do use that foosball table we have at the office!
Depending on your experience, proficiency and skills, you will earn between 14 000 and 20 000 PLN net on a B2B contract (with 26 days of paid vacation) or an equivalent on an employment contract (umowa o pracę).
What happens after you apply?
Anna or Magda will review your CV together with our technical co-CEO, Łukasz. If we think you might be a good fit, we’ll schedule a quick phone call, and after that an online or offline meeting with Łukasz (and possibly with one of your future teammates). That’s it! No technical task and getting stressed out over a screen-recorded test with no possibility to consult StackOverflow (c’mon, we know everyone uses it anyway).
It’s not important how you operate under stress, we care about who you are, what your problem-solving thinking is and how you talk about your programming experiences. We will ask some technical questions for sure, but all that will happen in a friendly atmosphere, without you needing to wear a tie to the interview (does anyone still do it?).
After the meeting, just give us a day or two, and we will get back to you with our feedback, and – hopefully – a job offer. Sounds good? Apply now and let us work our magic!